Thursday, July 25, 2013

Confessions of a Quilt Magazine Editor

Hi, Lisa here again!

This post's headline is my tongue-in-cheek title for Saturday's presentation. 

I spent seven years as the managing editor of several different quilting magazines. 

During that time, I:

  • helped launch two new magazines
  • worked with designers to commission projects to be featured
  • doublechecked the math on patterns
  • attended photoshoots
  • got sneak peeks each season of all the new collections
  • rubbed elbows with celebrity quilters at Quilt Market
  • doublechecked the math on patterns
  • proofed more patterns than I can count
  • wrote articles
  • doublechecked math on patterns (oh, did I say that already?)
  • had one nerve-wracking appearance on the Today Show
I'll walk you through a day in the life of a quilt editor, how an issue gets put together, show you some examples, and then share tips about what editors are looking for and how to submit projects. 

Hope to see you there! 

The details:
Saturday, June 27th, 10 am
Plainwell Library
180 S Sherwood Ave.
Plainwell, MI 49080
(269) 685-8024

1 comment: